Cross-country skiing in the Upper Palatinate Forest is unique and a juwel on its own. No "cross-country highways", but varied and well-groomed trails and skating trails are located in Langlaufzentrum Silberhuette, just 8 km away from us. Directly from the farm we or our guests make also own trails that everybody can enjoy skiing right here. It is nice to experience the beautiful countryside on a day skiing. Rolled hiking trails, across the border to the Czech Republic and a restaurant are at the center. Skis, boots and poles in all sizes, so idea for families with children can be borrowed for use of the trails at cross-country skiing center. The Nordic Centre Silberhütte offers the best conditions for cross-country skiing holiday in Bavaria.
Read more: The Nordic Centre Silberhütte / winter holiday in Bavaria
Skiing in Bavaria / Upper Palatinate Forest floodlit Below the cross-country center there are some ski tows in Altglashütte and Flossenbiirg. These are ideal for beginners and children. Also here you can find a good restaurant next door. Skiing in Bavaria in the Upper Palatinate Forest
Below the cross-country center there are some ski tows in Altglashuette and Flossenbuerg. These are ideal for beginners and children. Here you can find also a good restaurant next door.
• Baernau-Altglashuette / Silberhuette 750 - 900 above sea level
• Ski lift Wurmstein / Flossenbuerg, length 550 und 700 m
• Ski lift Großbüchlberg bei Mitterteich
• Ski lift Klausenlift-Mehlmeisel 650 - 815 ü.NN
• Ski- und Snowboard center Fahrenberg near Weiden, length 800 und 1100 m
• Skiing Schloppach near Waldsassen, length 400 m
• Skiing Erbendorf-Pfaben in the stone forest, length 510 m und 610 m
Our pond is in wintertime perfect for skating and playing on the ice.
Ice-skating rink and Thermal world in Weiden
The hall for ice skating is usually open for public skating from early September until mid-April. Right next to it is the Weidener Thermal world with a large slide and Wildwater canal.